Environment, Social and Governance

Inside our restaurants

At TGI Fridays we are committed to embracing our environmental, social and governance responsibilities. We work with many industry experts to seek to ensure that decisions we make are made on an informed basis. We have developed an ESG strategy based around our food and drink offering, our people, our communities and the environment. 

Environmental graphic


  • Net zero roadmap
  • Energy consumption
  • Waste reduction and recycling
  • Plastics and packaging reduction
  • Water consumption
  • Sustainability in supply chain
  • Animal welfare
Social graphic


  • Fridays values and culture
  • Employee engagement / wellbeing
  • Labour standards / H&S
  • Community engagement
  • Charity contribution
  • Health and nutrition
Governance graphic


  • Business ethics and conduct
  • Risk management
  • Remuneration / gender pay gap
  • Equality and diversity
  • Anti bribery and corruption
  • GDPR
  • Tax transparency
  • Certifications / accreditations

A safe dining environment

We wish to be a leader in providing a safe dining environment for our guests and that includes providing a safer online experience for our visitors. In 2022, the Group became ‘Friendly WiFi’ accredited. We display the below ‘Friendly WiFi’ symbol in our restaurants to show our visitors our WiFi service has been approved and is safe to use.

Friendly WiFi Logo

Our environment

At TGI Fridays, we have implemented a number of activities across the estate to drive carbon emission reductions, improvements in waste management and limiting the use of plastics. Key initiatives include:

  • Developing comprehensive checklists for opening and closing our restaurants, which are completed via our online due diligence system.
  • Promoting our Green Mission to increase team awareness and in restaurant activity to support our green initiatives, as well as using data / meter readings to review anomalies on a weekly basis and working with our Operations team to improve and change energy usage behaviour at each of our restaurants. During 2022, this drove a 12% reduction in electricity use, resulting in a saving of 704 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions.
  • Waste – Of the waste managed for us by our third party manager Circom (approximately 55% of the Group’s waste), no waste was sent to landfill in 2022. 60% of the total waste managed for us by Circom was recycled during 2022. The remaining 40% of our waste managed by Circom was used in energy recovery processes. The disposal of our remaining waste (approximately 45% of the Group’s waste) is controlled by our landlords. Nevertheless, we continue to actively work with our landlords to encourage them to operate to our high standards.
  • The commencement of a trial of technologically advanced waste units in our newer venues.
  • We are working with a plastics-free kitchen equipment supplier to trial their chopping board products in our kitchens. As part of this, old and used chopping boards are being collected and recycled.


All used cooking oil across the Group is recycled. As a result, we saved a further 784,450kg of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere during 2022.


Our business is all about people - from our team members and suppliers to our customers and the communities in which our restaurants and supply chain serve. Our commitment to them is that they will be treated fairly and with respect and wherever possible we will make a positive impact on their lives.
Examples of activities that we are participated in during 2022 including facilitating charitable donations to Hospitality Action, hosting a lunch for Ukrainian child refugees and continuing our sponsorship of Pride in London and women’s football.

our team

Team members

TGI Fridays currently employs approximately 4,500 people in the UK. Our employees are our greatest asset: they work hard to provide a unique experience for our customers and our success is achieved through their hard work and dedication. We engage with our employees on a regular basis, through employee forums, learning and development opportunities, career development programmes, employee surveys, annual performance and development reviews and appraisal processes. In addition, more informally we operate social and team building events. We measure employee engagement through our annual employee engagement survey.

We seek to provide our employees with an engaging and rewarding culture and work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package and opportunities for learning and career development.


Become a Stripes Rewards Member

Get free food and drink

Sign up to our Stripes Rewards loyalty program and get access to lots of exclusive benefits.